split of a message/conversation window

Casey Harkins caseyharkins at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 19:21:19 EDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-08-25 at 10:59 +0200, Karol Szkudlarek wrote:
> Hello!
>
> How can I change size of panel where I'm writing a message in
> message/conversation window.
> The panel of all conversation contains 80% of a window. This window
> hasn't a horizontal
> split line which naturally can change size of both panels: message panel
> and conversation
> panel. I attached a screenshot for explantation.
> Regards,

The short answer is that you can no longer click-and-drag to resize the
two text areas. The input area will automatically resize if you type a
longer message. You can also specify a minimum size under
Preferences->Conversations->Minimum input area height in lines.

You can also read about some of the reasoning behind the change in the
following blog posts:

http://theflamingbanker.blogspot.com/2008/03/cost-of-progress-and-options.html

http://pidgin.im/~elb/cgi-bin/pyblosxom.cgi/giving_back.html

Or dig back through the mailing list archives where it was discussed in
numerous threads, particularly in March:

http://pidgin.im/pipermail/support/2008-March/thread.html

-casey