MSN Connection issues WAS: Re: about pidgin

Phil Hannent phil at hannent.co.uk
Wed Aug 27 05:34:06 EDT 2008

ivy Cui wrote:
> My messages can't connect to my MSN friends sometimes and when it
> happened it always  say because of some switch error ,pidgin break
> line often but have no problem when I use other website at same time
> I wonder my computer got virus or just because of pidgin?
> thank you for your help

The switchboard error is usually a sign that your connection was
interrupted while you were trying to send a message.  You might not
notice the other services lack of service because you are not using them
at the time or that they support offline messaging.

Could you upgrade to the latest version of Pidgin (2.5.0) because it
contains an updated version of the MSN service that may help your issue.

If it does not help, it would be useful to know which operating system
you are using, how you are connecting and what is happening in the
"Debug" window which can be found on the "Help" menu of the buddy list
at the time of the issues.

Regards
Phil Hannent