Uniqueness for XMPP user names?

Wiley Q. Hacker wiley.q.hacker at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 19:46:11 EDT 2008

Hi:

My company uses an XMPP server for internal IM needs. I've been using
Pidgin with the company server for quite some time, and am very happy
with it.

Now, my company wants to migrate to a new, experimental server, again
using XMPP.  The problem is, not everyone will be migrated to this new
server. Some buddies will remain on the old one, and we'll have accounts
on both servers. The user name and domain name will be the same on both
servers, however. So, I'll be wiley.q.hacker at mycompany.com on both servers.

In Pidgin 2.3.1, I was able to create two accounts, both with the same
user name, domain and resource, differing only in the server I connected
to. For later releases, there seems to be some change in this behavior.
For Pidgin 2.5.0, I am told that the account already exists.

Is there a way for me to be create both accounts in Pidgin?

Please let me know.
--
Wiley