[Question #43524]: install pidgin -2.5.0

Tang question43524 at answers.launchpad.net
Sat Aug 30 16:31:29 EDT 2008

Question #43524 on pidgin in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pidgin/+question/43524

Tang proposed the following answer:
Hi Wininda,
I just checked my default Ubuntu Pidgin 2.4.3 with ADSL connection and it connected to yahoo messenger and downloaded the original friends list ok. ( I haven't used messenger for years)

I was also able to access (Australian) yahoo web messenger with Firefox
http://au.webmessenger.yahoo.com/index.php

Unless you know more than I do, why not go to
System/Administration/Synaptic Package Manager, type pidgin in the
search box, then completely remove pidgin before a fresh reinstall.
Please be sure you right click when marking pidgin for reinstall, to be
sure you have all recommended and suggested files.

Hope that gets you chatting :)

Pidgin Support, which is an answer contact for pidgin in ubuntu.