Application error

James Brandolini jbrandolini at higherone.com
Thu Feb 14 09:44:14 EST 2008

Hi,

We use Pidgin System wide at my company (100+ users) as jabber IM
client. On several of our machines we have noticed that Pidgin or Gaim
will no longer load. This is happening after the users have restarted
their machines because of a windows update.

The following error message is displayed:

Pidgin.exe

"The Application failed to initialize properly (0x000007b). Click on OK
to terminate the application."

We have tried removing all hidden files, all reg keys for purple,
pidgin, and gaim and uninstalling.

When I reinstall it, it will load one time, but only if I select the
check box to run pidgin at the completion of installation. Once you
close pidgin or gaim, it will not reopen.

Do you have any suggestions on what I could do to get pidgin working on
these machines? Its fairly critical we get a fix.

Thank you,

Jim Brandolini

Helpdesk Technician

203.776.7776 x178