Status Icon Question

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Mon Feb 25 15:01:14 EST 2008

On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 14:31:37 -0500
David Hampton <pidgin at dhampton.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 2008-02-24 at 09:10 -0600, John Bailey wrote:
> > On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 09:59:07AM -0500, Matt Burkhardt wrote:
> > > One of the icons I have for a buddy is a small phone.  He's on AIM -
> > > what does that little phone mean?
> >
> > It means that the person is using a cell phone to be signed onto AIM.
>
> I got into a situation once where a friend on AIM was IMing me from
> their computer, but all my responses were sent to their cellphone.  Is
> there any way in pidgin to force messages to go to to the computer
> instead of the cellphone if the user is logged into both, or is that
> something that's invisible to pidgin.

I don't think that AIM allows you to be logged in from two places at
once, if I try it a dialog pops up asking me which connection to use
and then logs off the unused connection.

--

Brian Morrison

   "Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud;
    after a while you realize you are muddy and the pig is enjoying it."