Lost settings ???

Etan Reisner deryni at pidgin.im
Fri Feb 29 12:42:37 EST 2008

On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 10:16:18AM +0100, David Balazic wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I just noticed this in my pidgin 2.3.1 that I use for months:
>  - smooth scrooling os turen on, even if I am 99% sure I turned it off
>  - my picture disappeared, it is the default unset/empty
>  - buddy list windw position got reset to top left corner. I always had it
> in the right side of the screen a few pixels below the top.
>  - the timestamp format plugin is turned off, even if I enabled it a few days
> ago (when we had the conversation about time formatting)
>
> The account settings seem intact, I am logged into MSN and irc, as always.
>
> Is this a known issue ?
>
> Regards,
> David

This sounds like your prefs.xml file got corrupted, why I have no idea,
you can check to see if you have a prefs.xml.save file in your .purple
directory and see if it contains the settings you think it should. But if
you can recreate your preferences the way you want you may not need to do
anything. If you recently added any plugins, or changed any sound file
locations, or changed the location for your buddy icon those might be the
problem.

    -Etan