Logging

Luke Schierer lschiere at pidgin.im
Mon Jan 7 08:23:43 EST 2008

On Sun, Jan 06, 2008 at 04:13:15PM -0800, Yuxin Zhu wrote:
> Im not sure if this is the right place to ask this~if its not please
> redirect me to another place where my question can be answered..
>
> Question: Everytime i close a chat window, teh logs start a NEW log..under
> the same date...CAn i combine all the logs between me and a certain buddy
> under 1 date? not seperated into everytime i close my chat...

This is the way logging is designed to work, so that the viewer can know
what constitutes a given conversation.  For those who do not obsessively
close tabs/windows in the middle of an active conversation, this is
meaningful data.

I do not know if the new persistent chat code would help with this, it
might only be for chats, and not for conversations.

luke