Lost workspace function with Ubuntu Hardy

tunnel technicull at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 07:54:21 EDT 2008

@Casey,
Than you for that explanation.  Sad to hear this. So what next? Forgive me
for not knowing my environs here, but have I stumbled into a nest of Pidgin
devs here? Will it not be necessary to report this more officially?

I am hardly gnome or xwindows aware, nor much of a programmer for that
matter, but to my lay brain, it seems it would be possible for Pidg to
interpret a double-click on a buddy, having no other significance, to mean
it should bring the conservations window forward, if in the same workspace
as the buddy list, and if not, to bring them to that active workspace where
the buddy list is, and then normalize them. Would that violate the gnome
prime directive, in some way?  Forgive me if you just said that it would, in
other terms, but I'm still fuzzy on it (not that my fuzz means much).

PS
Just let me say to any Pidgin devs looking on, THANK YOU. This little
quibble is one of my first whines ever about your fine work.  I never leave
home without it!