[Question #39213]: I believe there's a memory leak; how can I test?

Adam Buchbinder question39213 at answers.launchpad.net
Thu Jul 17 12:34:04 EDT 2008

Question #39213 on pidgin in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pidgin/+question/39213

Adam Buchbinder is still having a problem:
I don't think my power supply is capable of causing memory leaks, unless
there's something else that 'PSU' might stand for.

I'm running pidgin 1:2.2.1-1ubuntu4.2 on Gutsy. The only plugin I have
is OTR, but I didn't have any OTR conversations open. I have about ten
online buddies. I don't use the chatroom functionality.

I'm okay with going through nontrivial diagnostic procedures, if it'll
help. If it's not worth it to go to this trouble with version 2.2, since
2.4 has already been release, let me know and I'll just deal with it
until I can upgrade to Hardy, and I'll come back and complain more if
it's still going on.

Pidgin Support, which is an answer contact for pidgin in ubuntu.