[Question #39213]: I believe there's a memory leak; how can I test?

Ethan Blanton question39213 at answers.launchpad.net
Fri Jul 18 11:40:30 EDT 2008

Question #39213 on pidgin in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pidgin/+question/39213

Ethan Blanton proposed the following answer:
There have been major memory leaks in versions of OTR in the past; the
fact that you're running such an old version of Pidgin leads me to
believe that you might also be running an older OTR.  Try unloading it,
and see if the problem goes away.

Pidgin Support, which is an answer contact for pidgin in ubuntu.