IRC

Etan Reisner deryni at pidgin.im
Sun Jun 8 17:34:39 EDT 2008

Bringing this back on list.

On Mon, Jun 09, 2008 at 12:29:37AM +0300, Anonymous Anonymous wrote:

> I have done what you are saying... The problem was that: "the account blabla at srv.irc.gr does not exist".
>
> Also, in the past I used mIrc without having problems or being enforced to create an account.
> Moreover, I have not found the way to create such an account.
>
> Regards,
> Aris

Does that irc server require registered accounts before you can connect?
If it does, do you have such an account? Did you use mirc on that server
without problems previously? If you did have you tried using those same
account details (nickname and server) in pidgin? (Most irc clients don't
require explicit account creation the way pidgin does, they just have
implicit/automatic account creation when you give them your desired
nickname and the server to connect to.)

	-Etan