Support Digest, Vol 10, Issue 6

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Tue Jun 10 12:01:25 EDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-06-10 at 00:54 -0500, Mark Doliner wrote:
> Maybe this is a sign that we should stop forwarding the Launchpad emails here?
>  I'd be in favor of that--I get enough email as it is.

I don't see how people asking questions at Launchpad and having them
forwarded to this list is any different than them asking questions here
directly. In fact, if I ran the incoming e-mail through some script and
deleted the Launchpad template text, you probably couldn't tell the
difference.

There was clearly that one question that wasn't Pidgin-related, but
other than that, I don't see any difference in the type of questions
we're seeing from there vs. directly here.

If you want me to turn off the Launchpad e-mails because you think that
the Ubuntu folks are doing a sufficient job of answering those
questions, that's fine by me. If you just want to reduce your volume of
e-mail, then you should unsubscribe from this list.

Richard