Away Message?

Evan Platt evan at espphotography.com
Tue Jun 24 12:55:21 EDT 2008

Markus Bergholz wrote:
> but anyhow it is possible.
> my girlfriend use windows and qip as messanger - and qip can say who has
> read at what time you away message. (your away message i mean your own!)

That's a function of the messenger service, not the application.

The feature would have to exist on the messenger service / server level
for the application to use it.

If I understand how most IM protocols work, your information is sent to
the servers, and when another IM user requests that information, the
request goes to the server, not your computer. So your computer has no
idea who's requesting what information.