Perl script plugins / Pidgin for Windows

xanth1 kmorgan at gmx.com
Thu Jun 26 10:35:18 EDT 2008

This may be a completely stupid question, but hopefully I can get a decent
answer -- google searches are messy on this subject to say the least. I am
using Pidgin for Windows, I've downloaded the last few versions from
Pidgin.IM and they all appeared to be compiled without Perl support.

The perl.dll resides in the Plugins directory -- but since the Perl is
"disabled" (verified under Help->About) I cannot get my perl plugins from my
Ubuntu box to load in. Is there a precompiled version of Pidgin with Perl
support, or is there a way to enable Perl support short of compiling on
Windows?

THanks