2.4.0 Release Message Window Resize Issue

Shreevatsa R shreevatsa at cmi.ac.in
Sat Mar 1 13:02:32 EST 2008

* Quoting Luke Schierer who at 2008-03-01 09:59:55-0500 (Sat) wrote
> On Sat, Mar 01, 2008 at 08:51:43AM -0500, Kai Armstrong wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I just updated to 2.4.0 this morning.  As soon as I opened a chat window
> > I instantly saw that the area where I type was almost missing.  As soon
> > as I began to type there it started to grow.  I moved my mouse all over
> > that area trying to resize that portion and nothing...
> >
> > Just thought I would let you know.
> >
> > ~Kai
>
> This is the intended behavior.  That way you can see as much of your

There has been some misunderstanding here. The behaviour that the
original poster and reiffert/Thomas Reifferscheid are describing is a
*bug* where the input window, when the conversation is started by the
other person, starts with "almost nothing". I saw some people in #pidgin
is *not* intended behaviour; the intended one is for the input window to
be at least two lines tall at all times. I don't know if a ticket has
been filed about this.

--
Shreevatsa R