Please change the 2.4.0 input field's resize behaviour

Mark Scott pidgin.im at codebrewer.com
Tue Mar 4 04:40:50 EST 2008

Luke Schierer wrote:

> The only times I'd grow an input area would be for sending a code
> snippet over IM, which really isn't an ideal thing to be doing to
> start with.

I'm not sure why being ideal or not should be a consideration.  It's
possible, and people do it.  There are certainly alternatives, some of
which are more featureful and convenient (e.g. the IDE I use includes a
collaboration tool built on XMPP), but sending ad hoc code snippets via
IM seems to me to be a perfectly reasonable thing to do.  Horses for
courses, I suppose.

--
Mark Scott
mark at codebrewer.com