Please change the 2.4.0 input field's resize behaviour

Sascha Vogt FunkyFish at gmx.net
Wed Mar 5 03:21:02 EST 2008

Hi,

Etan Reisner wrote:
> It is beginning to appear to me that there may very well be a usage case,
> like yours, for which the auto-resizing is just not a viable option. I'm
> assuming even if the widget sized itself to 12 lines on demand you
> wouldn't like the size changing. If that is in fact the case I'm not sure
> what option there really is other than to allow for disabling the
> auto-resizing entirely and switching back to manual resizing. But I
> haven't quite gotten there yet.
I'm not entirely sure, if this was brought up to discussion already, but
would it be reasonable to be able to configure then min and the max
value in the preferences?
That would allow people to set min and max to the same values and have a
"static" input area, where the delivered defaults would be 2 to 4 lines.

I personally can live with the auto-resizing, but like Mark I
ocassionally send larger code snippets or stacktraces and then 4 lines
are somehow uncomfortable to read them, before sending (e.g to verify if
I had copied the right portions).

@Mark: If you've put together your script to analyze Pidgins logs, if
you don't mind, I would like to check my logs too.

Greetings
-Sascha-