Please change the 2.4.0 input field's resize behaviour

Etan Reisner deryni at pidgin.im
Wed Mar 5 14:03:43 EST 2008

On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 09:21:02AM +0100, Sascha Vogt wrote:
<snip>
> I'm not entirely sure, if this was brought up to discussion already, but
> would it be reasonable to be able to configure then min and the max
> value in the preferences?
> That would allow people to set min and max to the same values and have a
> "static" input area, where the delivered defaults would be 2 to 4 lines.
<snip>

I have seen no reason to allow for a customizable maximum because if you
don't hit it you never know it is there and if you do hit it is can really
only serve to annoy, so the plan has been to allow the input area to grow
until there is only half the original history area left (or perhaps just a
third left) and be done with that part of the sizing. Whether this is
reasonably possible I don't yet know.

And as to allowing people to control the minimum, that's been my
suggestion for some time now. Though again the feasability of the idea is
yet to be tested.

> Greetings
> -Sascha-

    -Etan