Behavior makes me cry

Kevin Stange kevin at simguy.net
Wed Mar 5 16:39:25 EST 2008

Evan Platt wrote:
> At 01:04 PM 3/5/2008, Marek Matulka wrote:
> You get more flies with honey, or something like that. These people
> threatening to ditch Pidgin if this change isn't fixed is just
> amusing. You aren't costing the developers any money, but like I
> said, you're entiteled to a 100% refund should you decide to uninstall Pidgin.

To put it in bullet points:

- We ARE NOT trying to conserve borderline users that barely like Pidgin
and will give up on it due to change they don't like.
- We ARE NOT trying to market Pidgin and build a massive user base by
implementing popular features we do not believe are wise or useful.
- We ARE NOT interested in reverting behavior just because some vocal
group of users don't like it but can't come up with any reason why it.
- We ARE trying to develop and change Pidgin in ways that make it more
usable, stable, and complete.
- We ARE always open to constructive feedback to help us see why a
change breaks a real legitimate usage case.
- We ARE always open to constructive feedback to help us see why a new
feature we don't like may actually be a good idea after all.
- We ARE fine with your decision to find another client to use if this
one is not doing what you want and you don't want to help us out.

Kevin