Pidgin 2.4.0 defect?

Gaurav Chandna gchandna at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 21:37:14 EST 2008

Hi,

I upgraded my pidgin installation (on WinXP) from 2.3.x to 2.4.0 and I
notice that I cannot type the complete name of my buddy in the Buddy
List pane so that my buddy's name would be highlighted.
For e.g. in the previous release of Pidgin if the window focus was on
buddy list pane and I wanted to send a message to David - I could
simply start typing D-A-V and my buddy's name would be highlighted, at
that point I could press enter and the chat window for David would
open up and I could send a message.  in 2.4.0 I can only type the
first letter i.e. 'D' and then I cannot type any other letter. Is this
a known issue?
Btw, I have not rebooted since I installed the newer version over the
older one.

Thanks,
Gaurav Chandna