Pidgin 2.4.0 doesn't remember window sizes

Marek Matulka marek.matulka at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 11:21:21 EST 2008

I don't know if that is a bug or a new “feature” ;-)

When I close conversation window and that person I was talking to
replies, I see a notification about that (I don't like popup windows and
have them switch off). When click on the icon, it opens new conversation
window which size is 320x203 pixels - it is really small... I think
pidgin should remember user's settings such us conversation window size.

Another thought - if we disabled facility to resize input field, why not
to fix the conversation window size? and make it growing as conversation
grows? I know, it's a bit sarcastic, but people do like to resize and
make thing just right for them - disabling that feature and giving
auto-resizing doesn't give any freedom. I do understand developers
points that it's brilliant and it's very innovative... but it should
lock users without option to opt-out. Today my colleague got a new
toshiba laptop with a flayer inside "choose freedom. choose vista"...

was it intended that really small window by default? is it going to be
that fixed size from next release?

All the best,
Marek

--