Pidgin 2.4.0 doesn't remember window sizes

Etan Reisner deryni at pidgin.im
Fri Mar 7 14:16:35 EST 2008

On Fri, Mar 07, 2008 at 04:21:21PM +0000, Marek Matulka wrote:
> I don't know if that is a bug or a new “feature” ;-)
>
> When I close conversation window and that person I was talking to
> replies, I see a notification about that (I don't like popup windows and
> have them switch off). When click on the icon, it opens new conversation
> window which size is 320x203 pixels - it is really small... I think
> pidgin should remember user's settings such us conversation window size.

When you open the window initially does it remember the size correctly?
And only get it wrong when you re-open the window? Or does it get it wrong
all the time? Do you have a plugin called something like 'Windows Position
Manager' loaded? Does this behaviour change if you turn on/off the 'Close
IMs immediately when the tab is closed' preference (I believe that made it
into 2.4.0)?

<snip>

> was it intended that really small window by default? is it going to be
> that fixed size from next release?
>
> All the best,
> Marek

    -Etan