Behavior makes me cry

Marek Matulka marek.matulka at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 10:55:01 EST 2008

On 08/03/2008, Niklas Bolmdahl <niklas.bolmdahl at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Something that you have to get used to if you constantly update your
>  software is that things change, and not always in a fashion that you
>  yourself approve of. You also have to learn that it's seldom the first
>  iteration of a feature that makes it into the software permanently.
>  Something gets added, changed, altered again and finally (hopefully) it
>  settles into the software as a natural part of the feature-set. Of
>  course this cycle depends on user-developer contact, but there's a
>  difference (that I find myself having a hard time explaining) between
>  constructive discussion and nagging.

So does it mean that if a new feature annoys me, it's just nagging,
right? if I like to see large input field, it's not a constructive
feedback, it's just nagging, right? and if I prefer to have a freedom
of resizing that input field, is it again just nagging, not a
constructive feedback?

I do understand reason, why this particular feature was introduced,
but in my humble opinion it is a step backward - it cuts
functionality, cuts flexibility and cuts user's control over his/hers
conversation window. Next step will be to fix size of conversation
window :-)

Sorry for my non-constructive feedback.

--
http://matulka.net/