Behavior makes me cry

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Sat Mar 8 10:05:24 EST 2008

Niklas Bolmdahl spake unto us the following wisdom:
> But there is discussion here, and the devs are listening and taking
> peoples views into account. They have stated that perhaps this new
> functionality wasn't the best (side note, I didn't like it, but I'm
> content waiting for the next implementation of it before I say anything
> more about it). They have also said that they're interested in  making
> it work for a larger number of users. My point was that they do so in
> whatever fashion they think is the most beneficial, and that's a Good Thing.
>
> Something that you have to get used to if you constantly update your
> software is that things change, and not always in a fashion that you
> yourself approve of. You also have to learn that it's seldom the first
> iteration of a feature that makes it into the software permanently.
> Something gets added, changed, altered again and finally (hopefully) it
> settles into the software as a natural part of the feature-set. Of
> course this cycle depends on user-developer contact, but there's a
> difference (that I find myself having a hard time explaining) between
> constructive discussion and nagging.

I am heartily glad to see this -- sometimes it seems like no one is
listening and no one is on the same page that we are.  This email
proves otherwise.  :-)  This attitude of "let the feedback roll in,
then wait and see what happens" is exactly what we would hope for.
You're absolutely right that not everything is going to be perfect on
the first try, but I hope Pidgin history has shown that we often get
closer as time goes on.

I, also, hope you got some of your message across.  :-)

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.