dead irc account shown as active

Daniel Atallah daniel.atallah at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 07:37:08 EDT 2008

2008/3/8 David Balazic <David.Balazic at hermes-softlab.com>:

>  Hi!
>
> (2.4.0 on win)
>
> Today I had a connection failuro to irc.freenode.net (seems to be
> overloaded these days)
> so I clicked the "Modify account" button in the buddy list window.
> I changed the server for another and then:
>  - pressing the ENTER key has no effect. Is this some weirdf GNOME
> guideline(*) or just a bug ?

*shrug* I'm not sure that Enter actually *should* trigger the "Save" button
if the focus is on one of the edit fields.

>  - after clicking Save, the account it shown as active, even if it is not:

  -- in the Account menu, it is liste, having a "Disable" submenu

The account is Enabled; that it failed to connect doesn't necessarily
disable the account (it has to be a "fatal" error - something that retrying
wont fix (e.g. authentication failure)).

>  -- the Buddy List window shows status "Available"

This is the "Desired" status, not necessarily the current status of all the
enabled accounts.

> I have to disable it and then enable it. After that is works fine.

A disable/re-enable will trigger an immediate reapplication of the desired
status.  Presumably if you wait until the timer triggers the next connection
attempt, that would also work.

-D