Please change the 2.4.0 input field's resize behaviour

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Sun Mar 9 14:16:37 EDT 2008

I wish you had not started a new thread for this.  :-P

Sparkle! spake unto us the following wisdom:
> I would like to add my voice to those objecting to the new resize behavior
> of the Pidgin message window.

I am not going to reply to this in detail, as similar messages are
already dealt with in the archives.  However, you seem to be laboring
under one assumption which is immediately false, and that is that the
input area is *limited* to two lines.  This is simply not the case; it
will expand past two lines as the amount of input you have typed
expands past two lines.  If you have actually used the new input
mechanism, I am not sure how you missed that.

It is indeed limited to four lines, which (as stated numerous times in
the archives) we understand is too small.  Future releases will have a
limit which is most likely proportional to the size of the
conversation window.

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.