Buddy List Problem

David McCarley Opv at knology.net
Thu Mar 13 14:25:15 EDT 2008

I am having a problem organizing my Buddy List.  I am using version 2.4.0.
Basically, my problem started when I attempted to rename (capitalize) my
"root" directory to "Root".  I was able to do it, and I didn't notice a
problem until I logged off and logged back in the next day.  The server put
both the "root" and the "Root" folders on my Buddy List, with part of my
friends in one folder and part of them in the other.

I have attempted several times to move them into one folder, delete the
empty folder, but each time I log on, there is a synchronization problem
between Pidgin and Server and I am forced to accept again those friends
which had previously been moved, if I elect not to accept them they are
removed and not added to either folder.

Is this a bug?  Is it something I am doing wrong?