Apostrophe confusing me

Helen McCall hmccall at onaustralia.com.au
Thu Mar 13 18:30:51 EDT 2008

I've installed the latest pidgin on two xp home computers and one xp
professional.  On the professional I can't type the apostrophe key (')
in messages - absolutely nothing happens.  If I press the key twice in
quick succession I get this ´ which isn't the same key, not sure what it
is, but the spell checker doesn't like it, doesn't consider it an
apostrophe.  As I change between computers it's annoying me.  Can anyone
give me any ideas what the problem might be?  I'm using an ASUS notebook.
Thanks
Helen