Authorize buddy.. over and over and over and over

Evan Platt evan at espphotography.com
Mon Mar 17 17:48:06 EDT 2008

At 10:19 AM 3/14/2008, Etan Reisner wrote:

>Is it a request from the same user every time? Are you saying yes to the
>request? No? Just ignoring it?

Just following up... It's the same person, I'm denying the request.

I logged onto ICQ using the ICQ client, the request appeared, I
denied it. Loaded back up Pidgin, the request keeps coming up.

I don't know if it's related, but now also I've moved buddies around,
and they 'unmove' when I log out and then back in - For example
a  myspace buddy in my "IM Friends" group I move to "Buddies". Log
out, log in, he's back in IM Friends.

Could this be a permissions issue, ie a file that tells pidgin
there's a buddy request, I deny it, but it's not getting deleted, so
I log out and back in and the request is still there?

This is getting REAL annoying..

I'm almost sure if I go back a version, deny the request, that will
fix it, but it might be a wider problem, so anything I can do to help
debug this..

Thanks.

Evan