Please change the 2.4.0 input field's resize behaviour

Keith Brown billybeagle at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 21:36:16 EDT 2008

Festival.Star wrote:
 > I agree with your aggregation. If there is no possibility to have both
 > features. I can only see two options.
 > 1) Having an option to make auto resizing available or not (would
 > change to manual resizing)
 > 2) Letting the user decide which amount of default lines he woud like
 > I would prefer option number one.

Personally I always liked the manual resizing method. I like my windows
to be exactly in a certain way, and if I can't have it that way, my OCD
flares up. I wasn't so hot on the autoresizing, because I'd have my IM
windows in a line, and I'd see the one have a different size input than
the others, and that bugged me while it was that way (was minor, since
as soon as it sent, all was back to normal). Still, I could keep things
how I preferred them, which had 4 lines in the input box, which worked
perfectly for how I normally do things. In come the new single line as
default method (others report it showed 2 lines, when, I only ever saw
it show a single line), just threw things out of kilter, and made things
constantly change. Bad for OCD.

Also, I use a tablet PC, and my dominant hand has some permanent issues,
so having a larger text input area made it really easy for me to click
into the input box. I know anywhere in the window is good enough for
focus, but if you miss and select text, or hit another button, it is
annoying.

Basically, all I am saying is, can you make it an option, so us freaks
can have the old way? I am not against change, and like that you guys
are experimenting, but, forcing a change is not good, since you
basically expect it to be a one size fit all. What I've found best in my
own work, is when introducing a change, have it be optional, so people
can revert. Even if the person has to change the config file in a text
editor, giving the option, somehow, works to make everyone happy.