Authorize buddy.. over and over and over and over

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Thu Mar 20 02:32:01 EDT 2008

On Mon, 17 Mar 2008 14:48:06 -0700, Evan Platt wrote
> At 10:19 AM 3/14/2008, Etan Reisner wrote:
>
> >Is it a request from the same user every time? Are you saying yes to the
> >request? No? Just ignoring it?
>
> Just following up... It's the same person, I'm denying the request.
>
> I logged onto ICQ using the ICQ client, the request appeared, I
> denied it. Loaded back up Pidgin, the request keeps coming up.

Well I have no idea what's causing this.  I feel like I've experienced the
exact same problem before myself, and I spent an hour debugging it carefully
and it really just seemed like the ICQ server was freaking out or something.
But the problem disappeared after a few days and I wasn't able to reproduce it.

So, uh, I guess wait a week and if the problem is still there then please file
a bug report in our trac and try to summarize the info from this email thread?

Thanks, and sorry you're running into this problem.

-Mark