Password encryption

Venkatasamy,Venkat vvenkatasamy at apcapital.com
Fri Mar 14 12:54:04 EDT 2008

We came to know that Pidgin does not encrypt the users' password when
they choose "Remember Password" options in the accounts windows.

Is there any workaround for this as this will be security issue in any
organization as local administrators having access to the .purple
folder.

Thanks
Venkat

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT
This communication and any attachments are CONFIDENTIAL and may
be protected by one or more legal privileges. It is intended
solely for the use of the addressee identified above. If you
are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure, copying
or distribution of this communication is UNAUTHORIZED. Neither
this information block, the typed name of the sender, nor
anything else in this message is intended to constitute an
electronic signature unless a specific statement to the
contrary is included in this message. If you have received this
communication in error, please immediately contact me and delete
this communication from your computer. Thank you.