web page

Mark Doliner mark at kingant.net
Thu Mar 20 04:07:40 EDT 2008

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 13:14:55 +0100, Marek Mixa wrote
> hi,
> im searching for contact to relevant person - i want to create page
> about pidgin in my language - also support forum etc....   So, I
> have question, can I use design of pidgin.im page?
>
> here is only this and developer mailing list, i tried this one :)

We haven't been asked this recently so we don't have a good answer.  I'm going
to go ahead and say, yes, you can use the design of the pidgin.im page.
Please treat it as if it were licensed under the GPL version 2 or later.  So,
please give credit to the original authors, don't claim it as being your own,
don't claim that modified versions were distributed by us, provide the source
code for any dynamic pages which you change, etc.

But you know what would be even better?  If you worked with us to modify our
web site to allow it to be translated.  We would love to have translated
versions of the few primary pages on pidgin.im.  There is a little more info
about this near the bottom of http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/FutureSOCProjects

You can check out our web site from our source code repository.  Information
about how to do that can be found at
http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/FutureSOCProjects  It's the im.pidgin.www branch.

Hope that helps,
-Mark