no buddy icon

Dani Crisan danicrisan82 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 24 07:22:15 EDT 2008

Hello,

Hope you can help me.
Here is the scenario.

I have gentoo with fluxbox and Pidgin 2.4.0 and a yahoo account, only a yahoo account.
First of all I would like to say that none of my friends have ever seen my buddy icon, even in previous versions of Pidgin.
Now, not even I can see the picture. I can add it but no picture appears. When I right click on the buddy icon I can remove it...so my guess is that it is added but not showed.
Is there any way to instruct pidgin to use a specific image viewer application like with the browser when you instruct which browser to use for links in the conversation?

Thank you in advance.