Leave join (IRC) channels with click

Etan Reisner deryni at pidgin.im
Mon Mar 24 22:57:37 EDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 02:48:51PM +0100, David Balazic wrote:
> Hi!
>
> This a RFE. I use IRC but it might make sense for other protocols too.
>
>  - could there be implemented a feature that the user could leave a channel with the mouse,
> without closing the channels tab ? I think an additional item in the tabs right click menu
> (which currently has items for selecting and closing tabs) would be the place for it.
> Something like "Leave this channel" or similar.
>
>  - the opposite: menu item for (re)joining a channel, which already has a tab open.
> (the case when the channel name in the tab is surrounded by parenthesis)
>
> Regards,
> David

The /part command exists and should do what you want. As for re-joining a
room, the /join command might work (assuming you are able to submit the
command in a room you have parted, which I'm unsure you can at the
moment).

Adding items to the tab click menu for this isn't exactly the right place
for this, putting these items in the Conversation menu might be acceptable
but would need to be done per-protocol since not all protocols would be
able to support re-joining a parted room (alternatively the item could
just be disabled when not supported).

But I'm not sure what benefit this option presents in pidgin, so can you
explain what you want it for?

    -Etan