Leave join (IRC) channels with click

Etan Reisner deryni at pidgin.im
Wed Mar 26 14:09:56 EDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 09:51:00AM +0100, David Balazic wrote:
> About the benefit it is the same as in :
>  - being able to close a conversation with the mouse
>  - being able to start a chat with a buddy with the mouse
>
> That is : user convenience
>
> Regards,
> David

What benefit do you get from being able to leave a chat room without
closing the conversation window assuming you leave the chat room when you
close the conversation window? (An assumption which is less true given the
recent persistent conversations option I'll grant you.)

But that raises a good point, how are we expecting users to leave a
channel that they have in their buddy list and set to persistent? Is the
only way to do this at the moment to use /part? Do protocols other than
IRC (and XMPP) support /part?

    -Etan