Pidgin cannot connect to amessage.de using TLS secured XMPP

Matthias Wimmer m at tthias.eu
Mon May 5 07:06:17 EDT 2008

Hi!

I am the admin of the XMPP server amessage.de. Since I changed the
certificate of the server some days ago, it seems that Pidgin clients
cannot connect to my server using TLS encryption anymore.
On the UI I always get "SSL handshake failed" when I try to connect. And
in the Debug Window I get "nss: Handshake failed  (-12286)".

Can anybody on this list please help me finding the problem? I'd like to
see Pidgin clients being able to connect to the server again.

Matthias

BTW: Other clients can connect successfully to the server and do event
accept the certificate without complaints.