CTCP sound events under Linux Pidgin

Ethan Blanton elb at pidgin.im
Sun May 25 17:48:27 EDT 2008

Conal Mullan spake unto us the following wisdom:
> I have the audio working on Pidgin Linux for default sounds, [using
> the aplay -q %s command in sound preferences]
>
> but when receiving a command like for example 'Received CTCP 'SOUND
> snd/Cymbal.au' (to #proi) from cisco'
>
> i dont get the sound, can anyone tell me why this is? Do i need to
> have that Cymbal.au file saved locally somewhere? and if so where?

We have no support for CTCP SOUND; in fact, I have never heard of it
before now.  A quick web search looks like it's an mIRC thing, and you
have to have the sound on disk.  In any case, we don't support it, and
I would not intend to do so.  You could write a plugin to catch such
messages, if you really like.

Ethan

determined to commit crimes.