Pidgin - Window Minimize on Pressing Enter

Brian Morrison bdm at fenrir.org.uk
Wed Nov 5 18:01:34 EST 2008

On Wed, 05 Nov 2008 11:34:32 -0800
Evan Platt <evan at espphotography.com> wrote:

> Spinaldex wrote:
> > I just updated to Pidgin v2.5.2 (downloaded it from the website directly) on
> > my Vista 64 Ultimate machine.
> >

> > When I have an IM window open, sometimes when I press Enter to send my
> > message it minimizes the window. Sometimes it does not. It doesn't seem to
> > be consistent. Is there any way I can disable this so it doesn't minimize
> > windows unless I tell it to?
> >
> Are you running any plugins? I've never seen this happen - I'm using XP,
> but still.
>
> Does it do it on all protocols or only one or only a few?

I get the same behaviour, it happens when starting a new conversation
and when I reply to a message after having been idle and set away. This
is consistent on XMPP, AIM and MSN, I don't use any others at present.

I use the OTR plugin plus a whole load of those from the 2.4.0 plugin
pack. This has been happening since Pidgin 2.5.0, and is still there in
2.5.3, not easy to debug as I use Pidgin on XP at work and don't have
time to fool around much.

--

Brian Morrison

   "Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud;
    after a while you realize you are muddy and the pig is enjoying it."