Setting "now listening"?

Phil Hannent phil at hannent.co.uk
Tue Sep 9 04:22:41 EDT 2008

Pepijn Schmitz wrote:
> Apologies for reposting this, but I didn't get any replies and I thought perhaps someone in the know had missed it...
More likely is that nobody knows the exact answer to your question.

> Now that Pidgin has support for the relevant version of MSN to be able to show other people's "now listening" information, is there a way to set it for my own account as well?
There a a couple of tickets in trac regarding this:
http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/371
http://developer.pidgin.im/ticket/1510

> Is there a way to do that? Or to write a plugin to do that?
If your application supports D-Bus it could submit messages to Pidgin by the
looks of things.

Regards
Phil Hannent