[Question #42608]: Pidgin does not start unless i start it from terminal as super user.

jpka question42608 at answers.launchpad.net
Sun Sep 14 16:56:45 EDT 2008

Question #42608 on pidgin in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pidgin/+question/42608

jpka posted a new comment:
I have same problem: pidgin not start, with same gtk error.
(it work fine many months before...).
'sudo mv .purple purple-old'  is fixes problem, but deletes my settings.
I find more useful solution, (re)move the 'icons' subfolder. Pidgin now functional, without settings loss.

Pidgin Support, which is an answer contact for pidgin in ubuntu.