Logging back to beginning of conversation

Lee Roach phroggster at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 18:38:46 EDT 2008

On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 2:01 PM, OKB (not okblacke)
<brenbarn at brenbarn.net>wrote:

>    Hi.  I'm using Pidgin.  When I hit "Enable logging" in an IM convo,
> it begins logging from that point.  What I'd like is for it to log all
> of the conversation up to that point, and continue logging from that
> point on.  (That is, I want to be able to log the entire conversation by
> enabling logging at any point during it.)  How can I do this?

It's not currently possible, but one could write a plugin that could extend
libpurple to do so. Several pages on the developer.pidgin.im website will
help with this.

I would personally despise such a feature, but can understand the desire for
it.

> Thanks,
> --
> --OKB (not okblacke)
> Brendan Barnwell
> "Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go, instead, where there is
> no path, and leave a trail."
>        --author unknown

That's Ralph Waldo Emerson, iirc.

-Lee