pidgin lost focus

Bob.Nix at regulusgroup.com Bob.Nix at regulusgroup.com
Thu Sep 25 09:41:02 EDT 2008

I have built a new machine; using pidgin 2.5.1 for sametime and IM access.
 It seems that many of my apps lose focus randomly (that is, I cannot
identify a cause).  In particular, I may be typing an email or an IM or in
Unix; and suddenly the current screen no longer has focus.  No other task
gets focus; alt-Tab returns focus to this task; and another alt-Tab
returns focus to the prior task.

(Running Win XP Pro, IBM/Lenovo Thinkpad T60)

Might this be a pidgin bug?  Does anyone have thoughts on the topic?

Thanks,

Bob Nix
Application Development Manager
Regulus Group, Inc.