AIM wierdness?

Daniel Sackett dsackett at newsdata.com
Mon Apr 6 21:08:28 EDT 2009

Hi -- Has anyone noticed strangeness on the AIM network, with problems
like:

--offline buddies showing in buddy list even though 'show offline buddies' is
clear?

--people being online but showing as offline on other workstation's buddy
list?

--messages sent to others either not arriving or arriving MUCH later, like two
hours?

These are some of the oddities I've noticed in our small shop, mostly
running Pidgin 2.5.5, but the problems show up with other IM clients as well,
which makes me think AIM's network is having problems. Anyone else with
similar experience?

Thanks,

Daniel