the issue about how to regiser msn client to Openfire server's msn gateway directly

ChO₂ chemistrydioxide at quantentunnel.de
Tue Apr 14 15:37:10 EDT 2009

Registering Pidgin with a Jabber/XMPP transport is not supported yet,
but you can register with the transport using another client. Once this
is done, the transport will work with Pidgin as well.

However, this feature is (as far as I know) being worked on.

I've added your question to the FAQ as you're not the first person to
ask this:
<http://developer.pidgin.im/wiki/Protocol%20Specific%
20Questions#DoesPidginsupportServiceDiscoveryorTransports>