Pidgin 2.5.5 crashes on logging in to MSN account with large number of contacts

Gilles Gravier gilles at gravier.org
Thu Apr 16 04:24:28 EDT 2009

Hi!

Since this week, more or less, when I log into MSN Messenger with pidgin
with my account "Gilles at Gravier.org" pidgin starts connecting, then
crashes. This happens on Windows and on Solaris. With Pidgin 2.5.5.

It doesn't happen with other accounts on MSN that have a smaller list of
contacts.

I've tried from a clean configuration (i.e. deleted .purple and
re-entered the account details from MSN, supposing things like a cache
corruption for the icons but to no avail).

Suggestions? Ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Gilles Gravier
--
/*Gilles Gravier*/ *=* *Gilles at Gravier.org* <mailto:Gilles at Gravier.org>
ICQ : *77488526*