Meebome widget indicates we're not online when we're online with Pidgin

Matthew R. Marsteller matthewm at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Apr 22 10:55:50 EDT 2009

Hi folks,

I've tried going through the FAQ's on this question without a bunch of
luck.  We are currently running Pidgin 2.3.1 and we currently have the
Meebo Guest Auto Add/Remove 2.0.2 as our sole enabled plug-in.  We can
logon to Pidgin and receive IMs from folks that use their own IM
clients.  The thing that isn't working is the Meebome widget - it simply
indicates that we're not online.

We are able to log on to Meebo and then the widget indicates we're
online.  We'd like logon to Pidgin and have that widget indicate we're
online.  What should we do to correct the problem - update to Pidgin
2.5.5?  Would/should that help?

Matt

--

Matthew R. Marsteller
Head, Science Libraries

Phone:  412-268-7212
E-Mail:  matthewm at andrew.cmu.edu
AOL IM Screen name:  physmathlibr
Yahoo! Messenger Screen name:  physmathlibr
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/matthewm/mrmwork.html