yum repository?

Stu Tomlinson stu at nosnilmot.com
Tue Aug 4 14:07:36 EDT 2009

Scott,

On Tue, 2009-08-04 at 13:49 -0400, Scott Lipcon wrote:
> I'm trying to download pidgin 2.5.8 for RHEL 4, using the URL
> specified in the yum repository script, and the file is not found -
> specifically:

RHEL 4 actually has pidgin 2.5.8 updates available already:
https://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2009-1139.html

However if you still want to use our repository you should add it to the
up2date configuration as described on:
http://pidgin.im/download/centos_rhel/

Downloading individual RPMs is not recommended because a) it doesn't
guarantee you get all the dependencies and b) sourceforge's download
site tries to be intelligent and this screws things up (as you saw).

Regards,

Stu.