Pidgin as Windows SSO client

Rochon, Brandon BRochon at reveredata.com
Thu Aug 6 16:04:43 EDT 2009

I tried posting this on Openfire's forum, but no luck thus far:

I've got Openfire and Spark working together just fine in an Active
Directory single-sign-on setup finally.  I'm trying to get Pidgin to
work now instead of Spark as a SSO client (it works fine as a regular
auth/non-GSSAPI client).  People keep mentioning that it's possible but
nobody has explained how.

 There's no explicit SSO XMPP option inside of Pidgin, so I can only
assume that it's just supposed to work.  The only useful debug output
from Pidgin I see is:

 (16:01:59) sasl: Mechs found: GSSAPI
(16:01:59) sasl: No worthy mechs found

 Why is it not worthy?  I hear Pidgin already has Cyrus-SASL support
compiled in.  Is something else needed?  Extra undocumented settings in
accounts.xml??

/Brandon